GAMES – STORYTELLING – ADVOCACY
ALLY MCLEAN - ABOUT ME
Ally is a games and tech producer specialising in practices that foster healthy, sustainable teams based in Sydney, Australia. Ally is the founder of The Working Lunch, a collection of initiatives to make the games industry a better place to work, and Senior Producer at Mighty Kingdom.
Ally is a TEDx Speaker, Women’s Weekly “Women of the Future” award winner, and was named 2019’s “Industry Champion” at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
Previously, Ally was a Product Manager at Wargaming Sydney, one of Australia’s largest AAA game studios, the Gamerunner of independent studio Robot House (Rumu), overseeing development and being a hands-on creative force across all projects. Ally was also the Product Director of North Sydney studio 3RD Sense, making games and digital products for health, education, business and more.
Awards and Recognition:
- WINNER – Industry Champion, Australian Game Developer Awards 2019
- WINNER – Women of the Future, Innovation and Technology – Women’s Weekly
- WINNER – Australian Game Developer Awards – RUMU as Gamerunner of Robot House
- WINNER – Australian Writer’s Guild Awards – RUMU with Daniel McMahon and Robot House
- WINNER – “Campaigner of the Year” – MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- WINNER – “Outstanding Achievement” – MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- WINNER – “Creative Impact” – MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- 2018 Trade Media Most Influential Women in Games List
- WINNER – NSW Young Creative Talent Award – 2018 – Creative Achievement Awards, Business NSW
- Recipient of the Game Developers’ Association of Australia GDC Assist Scholarship – 2018
- Favourite Australian Game 2017 – Kotaku – RUMU
- MCV Pacific “30 Under 30” 2017, 2016
- “Gamechangers” List – MCV Pacific 2017