ALLY MCLEAN - ABOUT ME
Ally is a games and technology producer and advocate based in Sydney, Australia. Currently, Ally is the CEO of The Working Lunch, a social enterprise dedicated to creating opportunity for underrepresented genders in the games industry, and an expert Product Manager at one of Australia’s largest and most successful game studios, Wargaming Sydney.
Ally is a TEDx Speaker, Women’s Weekly “Women of the Future” award winner, and was named 2019’s “Industry Champion” at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
Previously, Ally was the Gamerunner of independent studio Robot House (Rumu), overseeing development and being a hands-on creative force across all projects. Ally was also the Product Director of North Sydney studio 3RD Sense, making games and digital products for health, education, business and more.
Awards and Recognition:
- WINNER – Industry Champion, Australian Game Developer Awards 2019
- WINNER – Women of the Future, Innovation and Technology – Women’s Weekly
- WINNER – Australian Game Developer Awards – RUMU as Gamerunner of Robot House
- WINNER – Australian Writer’s Guild Awards – RUMU with Daniel McMahon and Robot House
- WINNER – “Campaigner of the Year” – MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- WINNER – “Outstanding Achievement” – MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- WINNER – “Creative Impact” – MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- 2018 Trade Media Most Influential Women in Games List
- WINNER – NSW Young Creative Talent Award – 2018 – Creative Achievement Awards, Business NSW
- Recipient of the Game Developers’ Association of Australia GDC Assist Scholarship – 2018
- Favourite Australian Game 2017 – Kotaku – RUMU
- MCV Pacific “30 Under 30” 2017, 2016
- “Gamechangers” List – MCV Pacific 2017