Ally is a writer, producer and technology advocate based in Sydney, Australia. Currently, Ally is the Director of the Working Lunch mentorship program, Curator of NEXT Exhibit for underrepresented developers and Product Director of North Sydney studio 3RD Sense, making games and digital products for health, education, business and more.
Previously, Ally was the Gamerunner of independent studio Robot House (Rumu, Hulabear), overseeing development and being a hands-on creative force across all projects. Ally also managed marketing and communications for Hammerfall Publishing (Warhammer 40,000: Regicide), and occasionally the world-renowned VFX studio Plastic Wax (Injustice, Gears of War, Bioshock, LEGO Star Wars).
Prior to game development, Ally was one of Australia's first professional cosplayers, operating in the space for nearly a decade and working with industry giants the likes of Blizzard, Microsoft and CD Projekt Red to bring their characters to life.
Ally is a passionate advocate for women in games. As the director of mentorship program The Working Lunch (supported by IGEA) Ally coordinates long term mentorship opportunities for entry level Australian women in games, as well as speaking at conferences and events locally and abroad about representation and inclusion.
Awards and Recognition:
- WINNER - Women of the Future, Innovation and Technology - Women's Weekly
- WINNER - Australian Game Developer Awards - RUMU as Gamerunner of Robot House
- WINNER - Australian Writer's Guild Awards - RUMU with Daniel McMahon and Robot House
- WINNER - "Campaigner of the Year" - MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- WINNER - "Outstanding Achievement" - MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- WINNER - "Creative Impact" - MCV Women in Games Awards presented by Xbox 2018
- 2018 Trade Media Most Influential Women in Games List
- WINNER - NSW Young Creative Talent Award - 2018 - Creative Achievement Awards, Business NSW
- Recipient of the Game Developers' Association of Australia GDC Assist Scholarship - 2018
- Favourite Australian Game 2017 - Kotaku - RUMU
- MCV Pacific "30 Under 30" 2017, 2016
- "Gamechangers" List - MCV Pacific 2017
Ally is available for speaking engagements, workshops and more. Get in touch!